Summary of research activities
In this page I keep track of past activities (mostly data that is moved out of the About page when it gets old).
- Antonio Faonio (Jan’17-Jun’20 → Assist Prof @ EURECOM)
- Matteo Campanelli (Feb’18-Jul’20 → Research Scientist @ Protocol Labs)
- Miguel Ambrona (Jan-May’19 → Research Scientist @ Nomadic Labs)
- Ida Tucker (Oct’20-Jan’22 → Zondax)
- Lydia Garms (Apr’21-Apr’22 → Keyless)
- Peter Chvojka (Oct’21-Sep’22)
- Mario Garcia (Research developer, October 2018 – April 2019)
- Hadrian Rodriguez (Research programmer, March 2020 – June 2021)
Interns, bachelor, master students
- Luca Nizzardo (Research intern, March–May 2014)
- Rosario Russo (Master thesis, UPM and Politecnico di Torino, March–July 2015)
- Anca Nitulescu (Research intern, March–September 2015)
- Martin Zuber (Research intern, EURECOM, July 2016 – January 2017)
- Chiara Redaelli (Master thesis, Universita’ di Milano Bicocca, October 2016–February 2017)
- Anais Querol Cruz (Research intern and Bachelor thesis, UPM, September 2016 – July 2017)
- Mario Garcia (Master student, UC3M, February – September 2018)
- Jorge Blázquez (Master student and research intern, UCM, March – December 2018)
- Stefano Ottolenghi (Visiting master student, February – July 2019)
- Alexandre Bois (Intern, February – July 2020)
- Pierre Bourse (Research intern from ENS Rennes, June – July 2021)
- Kasra EdalatNejad (Research intern from EPFL, July – November 2021)
- Miguel Morona (Bachelor student intern, Feb–June 2022)
Projects / Funding
- HC@WORKS-16: EIT Digital Activity (2016).
- “Juan de la Cierva-Incorporacion” research grant (2016-2017)
- NEXTLEAP: H2020 project (2016-2018)
- CryptoAction: COST Action IC1306 “Cryptography for Secure Digital Interaction”, Vice-chair and MC member (2014-2018)
- DataMantium: “RETOS” project by Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (2016-2019)
- PoST: “Proofs of SpaceTime” grant by Protocol Labs (2018-2020)
- Research contract with BBVA (2020)
- CRYPTOEPIC: “Europa Excelencia” grants by the Spanish Ministry of Science, PI (2019-2021)
- NEC Laboratories Europe
Program Committees and Editorial Boards
- ACM CCS 2022, Crypto 2022, PKC 2022
- Eurocrypt 2021, Financial Crypto 2021
- PKC 2020
- PKC 2019, ACM CCS 2019.
- ACM CCS 2018, UCC Cloud Challenge 2018, CRYPTO 2018, Financial Crypto 2018,
- ASIACRYPT 2017, ACM Cloud Computing Security Workshop (CCSW) 2017, IEEE EuroS&P 2017, PKC 2017, Financial Crypto 2017, WAHC 2017,
- ACM CCS 2016, BalkanCryptSec 2016, Eurocrypt 2016, PKC 2016, AfricaCrypt 2016, IEEE Euro S&P 2016, SEC@ACM SAC 2016,
- I Jornadas Nacionales de Investigacion en Ciberseguridad (JNIC 2015), ACM CCS 2015, CRYPTO 2015, PKC 2015, WAHC 2015, SCC 2015,
- SCN 2014, Africacrypt 2014, WAHC 2013-2014 Workshop on Applied Homomorphic Cryptography,
- Pairing 2012-2013, IWSEC 2012-2013, PKC 2011.
- Past Editorial Boards: IET Information Security (2015-2020)
A (non-complete) list of the invited talks, presentations, and seminars that I gave.
- ADSNARK: Nearly Practical and Privacy-Preserving Proofs on Authenticated Data @ CryptoAction Symposium, Budapest, Hungary. April 2016.
- Labeled Homomorphic Encryption: Practical Delegation of Computation on Encrypted Data @ 3rd Microsoft Research – IMDEA Software Institute Collaborative Workshop, Cambridge, UK. May 2016.
- Labeled Homomorphic Encryption: Scalable and Privacy-Preserving Processing of Outsourced Data @ Cryptography Seminars Day @URJC, Madrid, Spain. September 9, 2016.
- Modern Cryptography for Privacy and Integrity in the Cloud @ GSE Management Summit, Lisbon, Portugal. September 27, 2016.
- Secure Outsourcing of Data and Computation to the Cloud @ EIT Digital Symposium: security of digital systems and protocols, Rennes, France. November 24, 2016.
- On the (In)Security of SNARKs in the Presence of Oracles @ II CryptoAction Symposium, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. March 2017.
- Unilaterally-Authenticated Key Exchange @ FC 2017, Malta. April 2017
- Computing Quadratic Functions on Encrypted Data @ Mathcrypt 2017, Daejeon, South Korea. June 30 2017.
- ADSNARK: Nearly Practical and Privacy-Preserving Proofs on Authenticated Data @ Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea. July 2017
- On the (In)Security of SNARKs in the Presence of Oracles @ IV Congreso de Jóvenes Investigadores de la Real Sociedad Matemática Española, Valencia, Spain. September 2017.
- Labeled Homomorphic Encryption @ ESORICS 2017, Oslo, Norway, September 2017.
- Homomorphic Authentication for Computing Securely on Untrusted Machines, Keynote @ NordSec 2017, Tartu, Estonia, November 2017.
- Zero-Knowledge Proofs and Applications to IoT and Blockchains @ B4Things, Madrid, Spain. April 2018.
- Matrioska: A Compiler for Multi-Key Homomorphic Signatures @ SCN 2018, Amalfi, Italy. September 2018.
- Homomorphic Authentication for Computing Securely on Untrusted Machines @ Paris Crypto Day, Paris, France, March 2019.
- LegoSNARK: Modular Design and Composition of Succinct Zero-Knowledge Proofs @ 2nd ZKProof Workshop, Berkeley, California, US, April 2019.
- Computing Securely on Untrusted Machines @ University of Verona, Italy, May 2019.
- LegoSNARK: Modular Design and Composition of Succinct Zero-Knowledge Proofs @ ICIAM 2019, Valencia, Spain, July 2019.
- Boosting Verifiable Computation on Encrypted Data @ Kookmin University, South Korea, August 2020.
- Cryptography for Privacy and Integrity of Computation on Untrusted Machines @ “Summer seminars on cybersecurity”, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering of Sapienza University of Rome, June 2021.
- A journey in vector commitments. Keynote @ IWSEC 2021, September 2021.
- Succinct Zero-Knowledge Batch Proofs for Set Accumulators @ Nomadic Labs research seminars, February 2022.
- A journey in vector commitments @ Vector Commitment Research Day, March 2022.
- On the impossibility of algebraic vector commitments in pairing-free groups @ Aarhus University, June 2022.
- Vector Commitments: From Theory to Practice, and Back Again @ RECSI 2022, October 2022.