I am an Assistant Research Professor (tenure-track) at the IMDEA Software Institute in Madrid, Spain. Before joining IMDEA Software, I held postdoctoral positions at Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (Germany), New York University (USA), and École Normale Supérieure (France).
In March 2010, I received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Catania (Italy) under the supervision of Dario Catalano. During my PhD I was also a visiting student at New York University with Yevgeniy Dodis, and IBM Research T.J. Watson with Rosario Gennaro. See my CV for full details.
My research interests are in Cryptography and Security. In particular, my work focuses on the design of efficient and provably-secure cryptographic primitives and protocols. Some of the topics I work on include:
- secure delegation of data and computation to the Cloud;
- homomorphic authenticators;
- (verifiable) pseudo-random functions;
- identity-based encryption;
- zero-knowledge proof systems;
- foundations of cryptography.
See here for the full list of my publications.
I am looking for talented, highly motivated students, either graduate or undergraduate, who are interested in the area of Cryptography. If you are interested in working with me, please do not hesitate to contact me via email (and check also here and here).
Events: Crypto Seminars Day @ IMDEA on January 22, 2015.
- Luca Nizzardo (PhD student, 2014 – present)
- Anca Nitulescu (Research Intern, March 2015 – present)
- Rosario Russo (Master student, March 2015 – present)
Projects: COST Action IC1306 “Cryptography for Secure Digital Interaction”, Vice-chair and MC member
- Current/Upcoming: Euro S&P 2016, AfricaCrypt 2016, PKC 2016, ACM CCS 2015, CRYPTO 2015
- Past: PKC 2015, WAHC 2015, SCC 2015, SCN 2014, Africacrypt 2014, WAHC 2013-2014 Workshop on Applied Homomorphic Cryptography, Pairing 2012-2013, IWSEC 2012-2013, PKC 2011.
- ADSNARK: Nearly Practical and Privacy-Preserving Proofs on Authenticated Data @ IEEE S&P 2015, San Jose, CA, USA. May 18, 2015.
- Asymmetric Programmable Hash Functions and Applications to (Homomorphic) Signatures with Short Public Keys @ Workshop in Cryptography, Bochum. April 24, 2015.
- Efficiently Verifiable Computation on Encrypted Data @ CryptoAction WG1 meeting, Warsaw, Poland. March 26, 2015.
- Boosting Linearly-Homomorphic Encryption to Evaluate Degree-2 Functions on Encrypted Data @ ENS, Paris, France. March 12, 2015.
- Advanced Cryptographic Techniques for Secure Outsourcing to the Cloud @ Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain. Feb 26, 2015.
- Efficiently Verifiable Computation on Encrypted Data @ ACM CCS 2014, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. Nov 5, 2014.
- Homomorphic Signatures with Efficient Verification for Polynomial Functions @ CRYPTO 2014, Santa Barbara, USA. Aug 19, 2014.
- Verifiable Delegation of Computation on Outsourced Data @ Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain. May 23, 2014
- Generalizing Homomorphic MACs for Arithmetic Circuits @ PKC 2014, Buenos Aires, Argentina. March 28, 2014.
- Verifiable Delegation of Computation on Outsourced Data @ Instituto de Computacion, Facultad de Ingenieria, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay. March 24, 2014
- Vector Commitments and their Applications @ UPC Barcelona, Spain – Jun 19, 2013
- Practical Homomorphic MACs for Arithmetic Circuits @ ENS Lyon, France – Jun 11, 2013