I am an Assistant Research Professor (tenure-track) at the IMDEA Software Institute in Madrid, Spain. Before joining IMDEA Software, I held postdoctoral positions at Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (Germany), New York University (USA), and École Normale Supérieure (France).
In March 2010, I received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Catania (Italy) under the supervision of Dario Catalano. During my PhD I was also a visiting student at New York University with Yevgeniy Dodis, and IBM Research T.J. Watson with Rosario Gennaro. See my CV for full details.
I am looking for talented, highly motivated students, either graduate or undergraduate, who are interested in the area of Cryptography. If you are interested in working with me, please do not hesitate to contact me via email (and check also here and here).
My research interests are in Cryptography and Security. In particular, my work focuses on the design of efficient and provably-secure cryptographic primitives and protocols. Some of the topics I work on include:
- secure delegation of data and computation to the Cloud;
- homomorphic authentication primitives;
- (verifiable) pseudo-random functions;
- identity-based encryption;
- zero-knowledge proof systems;
- onion routing and anonymity;
- foundations of cryptography.
See here for the full list of my publications.
Projects: COST Action IC1306 “Cryptography for Secure Digital Interaction”, Vice-chair and MC member
- Current/Upcoming: PKC 2015, Africacrypt 2015
- Past: SCN 2014, Africacrypt 2014, WAHC 2013-2014 Workshop on Applied Homomorphic Cryptography, Pairing 2012-2013, IWSEC 2012-2013, PKC 2011.
- Verifiable Delegation of Computation on Outsourced Data @ Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain. May 23, 2014
- Generalizing Homomorphic MACs for Arithmetic Circuits @ PKC 2014, Buenos Aires, Argentina. March 28, 2014.
- Verifiable Delegation of Computation on Outsourced Data @ Instituto de Computacion, Facultad de Ingenieria, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay. March 24, 2014
- Verifiable Delegation of Computation on Outsourced Data @ 2nd PROMETIDOS Winter School, Madrid, Dec 16, 2013
- Vector Commitments and their Applications @ UPC Barcelona, Spain - Jun 19, 2013
- Practical Homomorphic MACs for Arithmetic Circuits @ ENS Lyon, France - Jun 11, 2013
- Verifiable Delegation of Large Polynomials and Matrix Computations @ UVSQ, Versailles, France - Apr 19, 2013