I am an Assistant Research Professor (tenure-track) at the IMDEA Software Institute in Madrid, Spain. Before joining IMDEA Software, I held postdoctoral positions at Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (Germany), New York University (USA), and École Normale Supérieure (France).
In March 2010, I received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Catania (Italy) under the supervision of Dario Catalano. During my PhD I was also a visiting student at New York University with Yevgeniy Dodis, and IBM Research T.J. Watson with Rosario Gennaro. See my CV for more details.
My research interests are in Cryptography and Security. In particular, my work focuses on the design of efficient and provably-secure cryptographic primitives and protocols. Some of the topics I work on include secure delegation of data and computation to the Cloud, homomorphic authenticators, zero-knowledge proof systems, and foundations of cryptography. See here for the full list of my publications.
I am looking for talented, highly motivated students, either graduate or undergraduate, who are interested in the area of Cryptography. If you are interested in working with me, please do not hesitate to contact me via email.
- Luca Nizzardo (PhD student, 2014 – present)
- Anca Nitulescu (Research Intern, March 2015 – present)
- Rosario Russo (Master student, March – July 2015)
- Fall 2014: Introduction to Cryptography @ UPM, Madrid; Computer Security @ UPM / IMDEA Software Institute, Madrid
Projects: COST Action IC1306 “Cryptography for Secure Digital Interaction”, Vice-chair and MC member
Program Committees and Editorial Boards:
- Current/Upcoming PCs: Eurocrypt 2016, SEC@ACM SAC 2016, Euro S&P 2016, AfricaCrypt 2016, PKC 2016, I Jornadas Nacionales de Investigacion en Ciberseguridad (JNIC 2015), ACM CCS 2015.
- Editorial Board: IET Information Security Journal
- Past: CRYPTO 2015, PKC 2015, WAHC 2015, SCC 2015, SCN 2014, Africacrypt 2014, WAHC 2013-2014 Workshop on Applied Homomorphic Cryptography, Pairing 2012-2013, IWSEC 2012-2013, PKC 2011.
Events: Crypto Seminars Day @ IMDEA on January 22, 2015.
- Programmable Hash Functions go Private: Constructions and Applications to (Homomorphic) Signatures with Short Public Keys @ Cryptography Seminars Day @ UPC, Barcelona, Spain. September 28, 2015.
- Boosting Linearly-Homomorphic Encryption @ Congreso de Jovenes Investigadores, RSME, Murcia, Spain. September 9, 2015.
- Homomorphic Authentication and its Application to Secure Outsourcing. Invited talk at MathCrypt 2015, Daejeon, South Korea. June 25-26, 2015. (CANCELED)
- ADSNARK: Nearly Practical and Privacy-Preserving Proofs on Authenticated Data @ IEEE S&P 2015, San Jose, CA, USA. May 18, 2015.
- Asymmetric Programmable Hash Functions and Applications to (Homomorphic) Signatures with Short Public Keys @ Workshop in Cryptography, Bochum. April 24, 2015.
- Efficiently Verifiable Computation on Encrypted Data @ CryptoAction WG1 meeting, Warsaw, Poland. March 26, 2015.
- Boosting Linearly-Homomorphic Encryption to Evaluate Degree-2 Functions on Encrypted Data @ ENS, Paris, France. March 12, 2015.
- Advanced Cryptographic Techniques for Secure Outsourcing to the Cloud @ Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain. Feb 26, 2015.